FYI: TOEFL Young Students: Graduate Student Grants
TOEFL® Young Students Research Program: Graduate Student Research Grants - 2014 Call for Proposals
ETS is pleased to announce the Graduate Student Research Grants under the TOEFL® Young Students Series.
Applications should be submitted via email to TOEFLYS@ets.org by July 7, 2014.
The Graduate Student Research Grants under the TOEFL® Young Students Series are designed to support foundational research that promotes high-quality language assessment related to young English learners between ages 8 and 15. The grants are offered to students enrolled in doctorate programs in language testing, language education, applied linguistics or related fields. Priority for the Graduate Student Research Grants will be given to foundational research related to young students of English as a foreign language (EFL).
Students enrolled in doctorate programs in institutions around the world in language testing, language education, applied linguistics, or related fields
Amount of grant:
Potential research topics include but are not limited to the following research topics:
1. Theory of language development of young EFL learners
2. Domain analysis of communication skills of young EFL learners
3. English education and policy for young EFL learners
4. Language development of young EFL learners
5. Innovations in learning or assessment of young EFL learners
6. Type of assessment or evidence teachers use to inform teaching and learning of young EFL learners
7. Impact of large-scale standardized language assessments on young EFL learners, teachers, parents and society
8. Cognitive and affective characteristics of young EFL learners
July 7, 2014 Proposals due
August 8, 2014 Notifications sent to grant winners
October 1, 2014 Work starts
For further information, please visit: http://www.ets.org/toefl/grants/young_students_grad_student_research_grants/