FYI: Ling Contest, Online Video Archive
Ivan A Derzhanski
This year's Winter Contest in Linguistics for Bulgarian high school|
students was held in Ruse on 7-9 February. There were 30 participants
- more than ever since 1996, when I became involved with the event.
Two of the problems required the contestants to analyse data from
an unknown language, take notice of the relevant facts and do some
translating or pairing up. This year's problems involved Irish
relativisation and initial consonant mutation and the formation of
the oblique noun stem in Lezgi. The third problem was based on the
contestants' native language: they were asked to devote some though
to Bulgarian measure expressions of the `cup of tea' variety.
I've made a directory, <http://www.math.bas.bg/ml/iad/ruse02/>,
where the following files can be found:
* Ruse02pdf.zip Problems 1 and 2 (w/ solutions) in English, in PDF.
* Ruse02ps.zip The same thing in PostScript.
* Ruse02-3.zip Problem 3 (w/ sample solution) in Bulgarian.
* Ruse02.zip The whole problem set (w/ solutions) in Bulgarian.
They'll be there for at least a fortnight, but I may take them off
afterwards, so get them now. And do let me know what you think.
Ivan A Derzhanski <http://www.math.bas.bg/ml/iad/>
H: cplx Iztok bl 91, 1113 Sofia, Bulgaria <firstname.lastname@example.org>
W: Dept for Math Lx, Inst for Maths & CompSci, Bulg Acad of Sciences