FYI: Int'l Neural Network Society Award Nominations
The International Neural Network Society's Awards Program is
established to recognize individuals who have made outstanding
contributions in the field of Neural Networks. Up to three awards, at
most one in each category, are presented annually to senior, highly
accomplished researchers for outstanding contributions made in the
field of Neural Networks.
The Hebb, Helmholtz and Gabor Awards:
- The Hebb Award - recognizes achievement in biological learning.
- The Helmholtz Award - recognizes achievement in
- The Gabor Award - recognizes achievement in
Young Investigator Awards:
Up to two awards are presented annually to individuals with no more
than five years postdoctoral experience and who are under forty years
of age, for significant contributions in the field of Neural Networks.
1. The Awards Committee should receive nominations of no more than
two pages in length, specifying:
- The award category (Hebb, Helmholtz, Gabor, or Young
Investigator)for which the candidate is being nominated.
- The reasons for which the nominee should be considered for the
- A list of at least five of the nominee's important and published
2. The curriculum vitae of both the nominee and the nominator must be
included with the nomination, including the name, address,
position/title, phone, fax, and e-mail address for both the nominee and
3. The nominator must be an INNS member in good standing.
Nominees do not have to be INNS members. If an award recipient is not
an INNS member, they shall receive a free one-year INNS membership.
4. Nominators may not nominate themselves or their family members.
5. Individuals may not receive the same INNS Award more than once.
All nominations will be considered by the Awards Committee and
selected ones forwarded to the INNS Board of Governors, along with
the Committee's recommendations for award recipients. Voting shall be
performed by the entire BoG.
Please email the 2013 nominations along with their attachments directly
to the chair of the Awards Committee at email@example.com, with
a copy to the Secretary of the Society at firstname.lastname@example.org by
June 1, 2012. Please use the following subject line in the email: INNS
You may view this information at www.inns.org (under ''Awards
Professor Ron Sun
President, International Neural Network Society
Cognitive Science Department
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
110 Eighth Street, Carnegie 302A
Troy, NY 12180, USA
email: dr.ron.sun [AT] gmail.com