- The LINGUIST List is operated at Indiana University, Department of Linguistics.
- The aim of the list is to provide a forum where academic linguists can discuss linguistic issues and exchange linguistic information.
- With the aid of contributions from subscribers and the publishing community, The LINGUIST List now offers support to 11 graduate students in the Indiana University linguistics department, who serve in return as editors of the list.
- More about the LINGUIST List can be found on our blog, "Get Involved" page, Facebook page or in our quarterly newsletter.
- In addition to the LINGUIST mailing list, we run a number of technology and infrastructure projects, partially funded by grants from the National Science Foundation.
- 1990 The LINGUIST List was founded by Anthony Rodrigues Aristar at the University of Western Australia with 60 subscribers.
- 1991 Helen Dry became co-moderator of the list with Anthony.
- 1991 LINGUIST List moved from Australia to Texas A&M University
- 1991 Eastern Michigan University was established as the main editing site for the list.
- 1997 LINGUIST List moved from Texas A&M to its own site, where it has been ever since.
- 1998 Wayne State University in Michigan was established as the second editing site for the list.
- 2006 Research projects developed and maintained at LINGUIST were consolidated and became the Institute for Language Information and Technology (ILIT), an autonomous research center at Eastern Michigan University.
- 2013 Damir Cavar became moderator of the list.
- 2014 LINGUIST List moved to Indiana University, Deparment of Linguistics.
- 2014 Malgorzata Cavar became co-moderator of the list with Damir.
How to Contact UsEmail Address
The LINGUIST List
Department of Linguistics
111 N Bryan Ave
Bloomington, IN 47408-4140
Telephone Number (with voice box and text)
+1 812 391-3602
+1 888 908-2629