- The LINGUIST List is operated at Indiana University, Department of Linguistics.
- The aim of the list is to provide a forum where academic linguists can discuss linguistic issues and exchange linguistic information.
- With the aid of contributions from subscribers and the publishing community, The LINGUIST List now offers support to 4 graduate students in the Indiana University linguistics department, who serve in return as editors of the list.
- More about the LINGUIST List can be found on our blog, "Get Involved" page, Facebook page or in our quarterly newsletter.
- In addition to the LINGUIST mailing list, we run a number of technology and infrastructure projects, partially funded by grants from the National Science Foundation.
- 1990 The LINGUIST List was founded by Anthony Rodrigues Aristar at the University of Western Australia with 60 subscribers.
- 1991 Helen Dry became co-moderator of the list with Anthony.
- 1991 LINGUIST List moved from Australia to Texas A&M University
- 1991 Eastern Michigan University was established as the main editing site for the list.
- 1997 LINGUIST List moved from Texas A&M to its own site, where it has been ever since.
- 1998 Wayne State University in Michigan was established as the second editing site for the list.
- 2006 Research projects developed and maintained at LINGUIST were consolidated and became the Institute for Language Information and Technology (ILIT), an autonomous research center at Eastern Michigan University.
- 2013 Damir Cavar became moderator of the list.
- 2014 LINGUIST List moved to Indiana University, Deparment of Linguistics.
- 2014 Malgorzata Cavar became co-moderator of the list with Damir.
How to Contact UsEmail Address
The LINGUIST List
Department of Linguistics
111 N Bryan Ave
Bloomington, IN 47408-4140
Telephone Number: +1 812 855-4617
Fax Number: +1 888 908-2629
Local LINGUIST List Events Calendar