|Full Title:||Australasian Language Technology Workshop 2012|
|Location:||Dunedin, New Zealand|
|Start Date:||04-Dec-2012 - 06-Dec-2012|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
Australasian Language Technology Workshop (ALTA 2012)
4 - 6 December 2012, Dunedin, New Zealand
Tutorials: 4 December
Workshop: 5-6 December
This year the Australasian Language Technology Workshop (ALTA) will be held at the University of Otago in Dunedin, New Zealand from Tuesday 4 December to Thursday 6 December. This event will be the tenth annual installment of the ALTA Workshop in its most-recent incarnation, and the continuation of an annual workshop series that has existed under various guises since the early 90s. For the first time ALTA will take place outside of Australia, and correspondingly this year’s workshop targets a more-international audience.
The goals of the ALTA workshop are:
- to bring together the growing Language Technology (LT) community in the Australasian region and encourage interactions;
- to encourage interactions and collaboration within this community and with the wider international LT community;
- to foster interaction between academic and industrial researchers, to encourage dissemination of research results;
- to provide a forum for students and young researchers to present their research;
- to facilitate the discussion of new and ongoing research and projects;
- to provide an opportunity for the broader artificial intelligence community to become aware of local LT research; and, finally,
- to increase visibility of LT research in Australasia and overseas.
Invited Speakers (Confirmed so far):
Chris Brockett (Microsoft Research)
Diverse Words, Shared Meanings: Statistical Machine Translation for Paraphrase, Grounding, and Intent
Tutorials (Confirmed so far):
We are pleased to announce that ALTA2012 will include pre-workshop tutorials on 4 December 2012.
Biomedical Natural Language Processing
David Martinez (NICTA), Hanna Suominen (NICTA), and Karin Verspoor (NICTA)
More details are available at http://alta.asn.au/events/alta2012.
|Linguistic Subfield:||Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics|
|Calls and Conferences main page|