|Full Title:||1st National Conference on Hausa Language, Literature and Culture|
|Start Date:||14-Jan-2013 - 16-Jan-2013|
|Contact:||Isa Yusuf Chamo|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
The 1st National Conference on Hausa Language, Literature and Culture will be held at Bayero University, Kano from Monday 14 to Wednesday 16 January 2013. The theme of the conference is: ‘The Contribution of Language, Literature and Culture to Democracy Development and Popular Participation in Nigeria’.
- Language and National Development
- Language and Democracy
- Language and Political Participation
- Current Issues in Language Studies
- Literature and National Development
- Literature and Democracy
- Literature and Political Participation
- Current Issues in Literary Studies
- Culture and National Development
- Culture and Democracy
- Culture and Political Participation
- Current Issues in Cultural Studies
Lead Paper Presenters:
Prof. Muhammad Munkaila, Department of Languages and Linguistics, University of Maiduguri
Prof. Aliyu Muhammad Bunza, Department of Nigerian Languages, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto
Prof. Haruna Abdullahi Birniwa, Department of Nigerian Languages, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto
The conference is organized by the Centre for the Study of Nigerian Languages, Bayero University, Kano, Nigeria.
Participants are to pay three thousand naira (N3000) only for the registration fee.
Accommodation is available within and close to the venue of the conference i.e. BUK Old Campus. For information about accommodation, contact Dr. Aliyu Musa on 08034003614.
|Calls and Conferences main page|