The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2017 Fund Drive.
|Full Title:||18th Conference on Formal Grammar|
|Start Date:||10-Aug-2013 - 11-Aug-2013|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||FG provides a forum for the presentation of new and original research on formal grammar, mathematical linguistics and the application of formal and mathematical methods to the study of natural language. Themes of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Formal and computational phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics and pragmatics
- Model-theoretic and proof-theoretic methods in linguistics
- Logical aspects of linguistic structure
- Constraint-based and resource-sensitive approaches to grammar
- Learnability of formal grammar
- Integration of stochastic and symbolic models of grammar
- Foundational, methodological and architectural issues in grammar and linguistics
- Mathematical foundations of statistical approaches to linguistic analysis
Previous conferences in this series have welcomed papers from a wide variety of frameworks.
|Linguistic Subfield:||General Linguistics|
|Calls and Conferences main page|