The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2017 Fund Drive.
|Full Title:||Multidimensional Translation: From Science to Arts|
|Start Date:||19-Apr-2013 - 20-Apr-2013|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||The Translation Program of the Baltic International Academy (Latvia) and the Institute of East Slavonic Philology of the University of Silesia (Poland) are pleased to announce the international conference Multidimensional Translation: From Science to Arts. The conference will be held on the premises of the Baltic International Academy in Riga on 19-20 April 2013.
Theme of the Conference:
Translation is a communication tool that might serve either as a bridge or dividing point for individuals, cultures and nations. As a human-generated activity, it can be approached from a variety of perspectives ranging from scientific to artistic. The aim of this conference is to bring together language professionals interested in the following areas:
1. Translation in the Brain: Representation & Processing Mechanisms
2. Issues in Translation of Specialized Texts and Discourse
3. Freedom of Expression in Translation
4. Translation: Intercultural Communication Bridge & the Dividing Point
5. The Interplay of the Foreign and Native Language: Comparative Stylistics & Mental Representations
6. Theory and Practice: Linguistic Aspects of Translation
7. Developing Translators’ Competence
8. Development of Translator and Interpreter Training Resources
9. Evaluation of Translation Quality
10. Visibility of Translator
Prof. Nijole Maskaliuniene (University of Vilnius, Lithuania)
Prof. Ayfer Altay (Haceppete University, Turkey)
Dr. Michael Jin (Newcastle University, UK)
The conference participation fee covers the costs of conference materials, publication and coffee breaks.
1. Standard participation fee: 50 EUR
2. Reduced participation fee for students: 20 EUR
1. Baltic International Academy: http://www.bsa.edu.lv/lang/eng/prog_trans.html
2. University of Silesia: http://www.ifw.fils.us.edu.pl/
3. Conference Announcement will soon be published on http://www.bsa.edu.lv/lang/eng/conferences/conferences.html.
|Calls and Conferences main page|