The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2017 Fund Drive.
|Full Title:||Corpus Technologies: Digital Humanities and Contemporary Knowledge|
|Short Title:||ConCorT 2013|
|Location:||Nizhny Novgorod, Russia|
|Start Date:||18-Oct-2013 - 19-Oct-2013|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||Corpus Technologies: Digital Humanities and Contemporary Knowledge
The first ConCorT conference will be held in the Higher School of Economics - Nizhny Novgorod, Russia, 18-19 October 2013.
Aims of the Conference:
- To contribute to the expansion of corpus technologies in humanities and to digitalization and computerization of the humanities knowledge
- To present the results of employment of the corpus technologies in linguistic research
- To integrate the humanities expert community and to introduce them to new methods of corpus analysis
- To draw young researchers to the above mentioned fields
Problems to be discussed are:
1. Trends in humanities research in the age of digital technologies
2. Electronic language resources: corpora and collections of texts,electronic dictionaries and thesauruses
3. Corpus technologies in academic research and humanities education
4. Digital humanities and comparative studies.
5. Corpus-based linguodidactics
Working languages: Russian, English, German
Venue: HSE-Nizhny Novgorod, ul. B.Pecherskaya 25/12, Nizhny Novgorod
For those who wish to stay an extra day in Nizhny Novgorod on Sunday, 20 October 2013 we offer an excursion to Gorodets that is one of the oldest and most beautiful towns of Nizhny Novgorod Oblast. Please notice that the travel expenses are paid by the participants of the conference.
Conference website: https://sites.google.com/site/concort2013/
|Linguistic Subfield:||Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics|
|Calls and Conferences main page|