|Full Title:||The Magic of Innovation: New Techniques and Technologies in Teaching Foreign Languages|
|Start Date:||04-Oct-2013 - 05-Oct-2013|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
We would like to invite you to participate in the conference ‘The Magic of Innovation: New Techniques and Technologies in Teaching Foreign Languages’ to be held in Moscow on 4-5 October 2013. The event, which will be hosted by the Moscow State Institute of Foreign Relations (MGIMO University), is timed to coincide with the 70th anniversary of the University’s School of International Relations. The conference is organized by English Language Department No. 1 of the School of International Relations with the support of the European Studies Institute.
Discussions will cover diverse issues related to innovative approaches to teaching students of international relations and cross-cultural communication, future experts in regional studies, linguists and translators/interpreters as well as other practitioners who will need foreign languages in their professional activities.
The conference will be organized into the following strands:
- E-learning: a Buzzword or a Recognized Need?
- Foreign Languages for Specific Purposes: What Purposes, What Means?
- Methodology in LT: Teaching, Teaching to Learn and Learning to Teach
- Linguistics: Practical Tips from Academics
- Cross-cultural Communication: Towards Effective Models of Cross-cultural Communication
- The Art of Translation: Equivalence in Search of Adequacy
The program will feature a number of workshops hosted by leading specialists in the field. The highlights will include a presentation of the I-Trainium software used by MGIMO University and a master class on how to use it in teaching foreign languages.
|Linguistic Subfield:||Applied Linguistics; Sociolinguistics; Translation|
|Calls and Conferences main page|