The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
|Full Title:||General and Specialist Translation / Interpretation: Theory, Methods, Practice|
|Start Date:||04-Apr-2014 - 04-Apr-2014|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||National Aviation University, (Ukraine), Department of English Philology and Translation
Siberian Federal University, (Russian Federation), Department of Business Foreign Language
7th International Conference
General and Specialist Translation / Interpretation: Theory, Methods, Practice
4-5 April 2014
We have a pleasure to announce the 7th International Conference “General and Specialist Translation/Interpretation: Theory, Methods, Practice” to be held at the National Aviation University, Kyiv, Ukraine. Speakers will be invited to present their talks at the conference in Kyiv on April 4, 2014 and to have their papers published in the Conference Proceedings.
Several sessions will be organized around the following broad topic areas:
- Specialist translation/interpretation: topical issues and prospects
- Terminology in translation/interpretation perspective
- Sociocultural and pragmatic aspects of translation/interpretation
- Lexical, grammatical and stylistic aspects of translation/interpretation
- Translation tradition and translation theory
- Professional training of translators/interpreters
Conference languages are English, Russian and Ukrainian.
|Calls and Conferences main page|