The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2017 Fund Drive.
|Full Title:||Finding Common Ground: Social, Ecological, and Cognitive Perspectives on Language Use|
|Location:||Storrs, CT, USA|
|Start Date:||12-Jun-2014 - 14-Jun-2014|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||Finding Common Ground:
Social, Ecological, and Cognitive Perspectives on Language Use
June 12-14, 2014
University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
This is a conference intended to bring together researchers from a variety of traditions that are studying language as an embodied, social, engaged, conversational activity. Most experimental scientific work on language use has focused on written materials; we are particularly interested in theory and research focused on language as a dialogical activity that is meaningful, socially situated, and morally accountable.
- Mark Bickhard, Department of Philosophy, Lehigh University
- Rick Dale, Cognitive and Information Sciences, University of California, Merced
- Elena Cuffari, Department of Logic and Philosophy of Science, University of the Basque Country, Spain
- Bryan Gick, Department of Linguistics, University of British Columbia
- Susan Goldin-Meadow, Department of Psychology, University of Chicago
- Alexander Kravchenko, Department of Foreign Languages, Baikal National University of Economics and Law, Russia
- Per Linell, Department of Culture and Communication, Linkoping University, Sweden
- Kerry Marsh, Department of Psychology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
- Joanna Raczaszek-Leonardi, Department of Psychology, University of Warsaw
Participants may register on the conference website: www.regonline.com/findingcommonground.
|Linguistic Subfield:||Cognitive Science; Philosophy of Language; Pragmatics; Psycholinguistics; Sociolinguistics|
| The following session(s) will be held during this meeting:
|Calls and Conferences main page|