The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
|Full Title:||2nd International Conference “Discourse as Social Practice: Priorities and Prospects”|
|Start Date:||16-Oct-2014 - 17-Oct-2014|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||We are delighted to announce that on October 16 and 17, 2014, the second International Conference 'Discourse as Social Practice: Priorities and Prospects' will be held at Moscow State Linguistic University (MSLU), Russia.
The conference is being organized by the MSLU Centre for Socio-Cognitive Discourse Studies (SCoDis http://www.scodis.com/?q=en) which houses both a Gender Lab and a Multimodal Communication and Cognition Lab.
The following research topics will be highlighted at the conference:
- Discourse and social institutions: varieties of discourse practices
- Methodologies and methods of discourse studies
- Cognitive studies of discourse
- Discourse as multimodal communication
- Discourse and social identity
- Strategies of professional communication
- Discourse and mediated communication
The plenary speakers will be:
- Lynne Cameron (Open University, UK)
- Alan Cienki (Vrije Universiteit, Netherlands and MSLU)
- Helga Kotthoff (Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, Germany)
- Cornelia Müller (Europa-Universität Viadrina, Germany)
- Mark Turner (Case Western Reserve University, USA)
- Olga Alexandrova (Moscow State University)
- Valery Demyankov (Institute of Linguistics, Russian Academy of Sciences)
- Olga Iriskhanova (Moscow State Linguistic University)
- Vladimir Karasik (Volgograd State Pedagogical University)
- Svetlana Plotnikova (Irkutsk State Linguistic University)
The working languages of the conference will be Russian, English, and German (with interpretation provided on site).
In 2015 a peer-reviewed selection of conference papers will be published in the journal Vestnik MSLU.
|Linguistic Subfield:||Discourse Analysis; Sociolinguistics|
|Calls and Conferences main page|