|Full Title:||2nd International Conference “Discourse as Social Practice: Priorities and Prospects”|
|Start Date:||16-Oct-2014 - 17-Oct-2014|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||We are delighted to announce that on October 16 and 17, 2014, the second International Conference 'Discourse as Social Practice: Priorities and Prospects' will be held at Moscow State Linguistic University (MSLU), Russia.
The conference is being organized by the MSLU Centre for Socio-Cognitive Discourse Studies (SCoDis http://www.scodis.com/?q=en) which houses both a Gender Lab and a Multimodal Communication and Cognition Lab.
The following research topics will be highlighted at the conference:
- Discourse and social institutions: varieties of discourse practices
- Methodologies and methods of discourse studies
- Cognitive studies of discourse
- Discourse as multimodal communication
- Discourse and social identity
- Strategies of professional communication
- Discourse and mediated communication
The plenary speakers will be:
- Lynne Cameron (Open University, UK)
- Alan Cienki (Vrije Universiteit, Netherlands and MSLU)
- Helga Kotthoff (Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, Germany)
- Cornelia Müller (Europa-Universität Viadrina, Germany)
- Mark Turner (Case Western Reserve University, USA)
- Olga Alexandrova (Moscow State University)
- Valery Demyankov (Institute of Linguistics, Russian Academy of Sciences)
- Olga Iriskhanova (Moscow State Linguistic University)
- Vladimir Karasik (Volgograd State Pedagogical University)
- Svetlana Plotnikova (Irkutsk State Linguistic University)
The working languages of the conference will be Russian, English, and German (with interpretation provided on site).
In 2015 a peer-reviewed selection of conference papers will be published in the journal Vestnik MSLU.
|Linguistic Subfield:||Discourse Analysis; Sociolinguistics|
|Calls and Conferences main page|