|Full Title:||13th International Cognitive Linguistics Conference|
|Location:||Newcastle, United Kingdom|
|Start Date:||20-Jul-2015 - 25-Jul-2015|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
We are pleased to announce the 13th International Cognitive Linguistics Conference (ICLC-13), which is being held 20-25 July 2015 in Northumbria University, Newcastle, England. ICLC is the biennial conference of the International Cognitive Linguistics Association (ICLA, www.cognitivelinguistics.org).
Confirmed Plenary Speakers:
- Adele Goldberg (Princeton University)
- Martin Haspelmath (Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology)
- Mirjam Fried (Charles University in Prague)
- Hans-Jörg Schmid (Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich)
- Ronald Langacker (University of California, San Diego)
- Gabriella Vigliocco (University College London)
The special theme of this edition of the International Cognitive Linguistics Conference is 'bringing together theory and method'. This reflects one of the main outcomes of ICLC-12, Alberta: that the future of cognitive linguistics lies in the successful union of a robust empirical approach with sound theory.
Information about the conference can be found at www.northumbria.ac.uk/iclc13, which will be updated as more details become available.
Amanda Patten (on behalf of the Organising Committee and the ICLA)
Dr Amanda Patten (chair)
Prof Ewa Dąbrowska
Dr Mimi Huang
Dr James Street
|Linguistic Subfield:||Cognitive Science; General Linguistics; Psycholinguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics|
|Calls and Conferences main page|