|Full Title:||Australasian Language Technology Workshop|
|Short Title:||ALTA 2014|
|Location:||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Start Date:||26-Nov-2014 - 28-Nov-2014|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
Australasian Language Technology Workshop (ALTA 2014)
This year the Australasian Language Technology Workshop (ALTA) will be held at the RMIT University, Melbourne, Victoria, on Wednesday 26 - Friday 28 November. This event will be the twelfth annual installment of the ALTA.
The goals of the ALTA workshop are:
- To bring together the growing Language Technology (LT) community in the Australasian region and encourage interactions
- To encourage interactions and collaboration within this community and with the wider international LT community
- To foster interaction between academic and industrial researchers, to encourage dissemination of research results
- To provide a forum for students and young researchers to present their research
- To facilitate the discussion of new and ongoing research and projects
- To provide an opportunity for the broader artificial intelligence community to become aware of local LT research
- To increase visibility of LT research in Australasia and overseas
We are working to line up a couple of very exciting speakers. We will announce them when they are confirmed.
We would like to offer a few full- or half-day tutorials on Wednesday, 26 November and are currently requesting proposals for tutorial topics. If you would like to present a tutorial, please contact the organisers as soon as possible (firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information, please see http://www.alta.asn.au/events/alta2014/alta-2014-tutorials.html
Student Travel Support:
With the generous support of our sponsors, ALTA will be offering travel support for students to attend and present at ALTA 2014. We will provide details of this on the workshop website at a later date.
We are pleased to announce that we have already secured sponsorship for the workshop from the CSIRO.
If you or your organisation are interested in sponsoring the ALTA Workshop, please contact the workshop organisers for information.
We invite anyone interested in language technology research and development to join ALTA by subscribing to the ALTA mailing list email@example.com
|Linguistic Subfield:||Computational Linguistics|
|Calls and Conferences main page|