|Full Title:||MultiMeDialecTranslation 7 - Dialect Translation in Multimedia|
|Start Date:||17-May-2017 - 20-May-2017|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||The Department of Language and Communication at the University of Southern Denmark in Odense and the Centre for Communication, Culture and Society cordially invite you to the 7th Conference “MultiMeDialecTranslation - Dialect translation in multimedia”. The conference will be held 17 - 20 May 2017 at the University of Southern Denmark in Odense.
MultiMeDialecTranslation 7 is an interdisciplinary conference, operating at the interface of linguistics, media studies, communication studies, and translatology. It is aimed at both colleagues from academic research and teaching as well as practitioners of translation.
Founded in 2002 as a conference for investigating the interlingual translation of dialects in “multimedia” with film subtitling as a typical example, the conference has expanded its range of topics to other polysemiotic configurations (e.g. theatre, opera, comic) as well as to other non-standard varieties and to intralingual translation.
This year, we will also discuss laymen subtitling and dubbing of dialects on the internet (e.g. in YouTube videos) and perspectives of polysemiotic translation of non-standard varieties for foreign language teaching.
Henrik Gottlieb, University of Copenhagen
Horst Simon, Freie Universität Berlin
Holger Mitterer, University of Malta
The conference languages are Scandinavian, German and English.
- Early bird registration (not later than 30 November 2016): 80 € / 600 DKK
- Regular conference fee: 100 € / 750 DKK
- Reduced conference fee (for students): 50 € / 375 DKK
- On Saturday, 20 May, there will be a full day excursion to the surroundings of Odense on the island of Funen. Charges 70 € / 520 DKK, including lunch and coffee.
- Registration for participation without giving a paper will be open until 20 April 2017. Early bird registration expires 30 November 2016.
- Refund of the conference fee is possible until 20 April 2017, with an administrative charge of 200 DKK.
- Please use this form for registration: http://webpay.sdu.dk/system/mmdt2017
International Scientific Committee:
Danguolė Satkauskaitė, Kaunas, Lithuania
Giovanni Nadjani, Bologna/Forlì, Italy
Herta Maurer-Lausegger, Klagenfurt, Austria
Irmeli Helin, Turku, Finland
Klaus Geyer, Odense, Denmark
Koloman Brenner, Budapest, Hungary
Mihaela Koletnik, Maribor, Slovenia
Tina Paulsen Christensen, Aarhus, Denmark
Anna Vibeke Lindø
|Linguistic Subfield:||Sociolinguistics; Translation|
|Calls and Conferences main page|