|Full Title:||Text & Context OTF Workshop 8|
|Short Title:||OTF Workshop 8|
|Location:||Oita-shi, Oita-ken, Japan|
|Start Date:||04-Mar-2017 - 05-Mar-2017|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||The Oita Text Forum (OTF) is pleased to invite you to participate in Text & Context OTF Workshop 8.
Text & Context OTF Workshop 8 focuses on fundamental elements in understanding the relationship between text and context. OTF views ‘text’ as not restricted to the written or spoken mode of communication. ‘Text’ is meant to be any mode of meaning representation such as paintings, sculptures, film, architecture, dance, music, etc.
Specifically, we may explore questions such as:
- What is the relationship between text and the context of situation?
- What can we say about (the context of) culture in relation to text generation/creation/composition? And how does the former affect the latter?
- What is the relationship between the context of situation and material situational setting?
- How do texts evolve?
- How are text structures (or schemata) stored in memory?
- How does the retrieval of information from memory create a text?
- What knowledge can be recognised in the psychological process of text generation/creation/composition and what stimulus retrieves it from memory?
- What neuropsychological processes are involved in text generation/creation/ composition?
|Linguistic Subfield:||Cognitive Science; Discourse Analysis; Psycholinguistics; Sociolinguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics|
|Calls and Conferences main page|