|Full Title:||11th Creolistics Workshop|
|Location:||University of Giessen, Germany|
|Start Date:||23-Mar-2017 - 25-Mar-2017|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||After two meetings at the University of Aarhus, the Creolistics Workshop will again move to Giessen University, Germany for the March 2017 meeting. Giessen is easily accessed, being located just over one hour by train from Frankfurt/Main, one of Europe's busiest airports.
The theme of the Eleventh Creolistics Workshop will be “Assessing old assumptions. New insights on the dynamics of contact languages”. In recent years, there has been a renewed interest in testing given truths about contact languages by using data-driven approaches. The methods and aims of these studies are diverse and include synchronic and diachronic aspects, such as, for example, testing assumptions about:
- The structure of contact languages,
- The use, spread and domains of contact languages,
- The emergence and development of contact languages,
- The sociohistorical realities in the areas where contact languages emerged,
- Earlier stages of individual contact languages,
- Grammaticalization paths of individual markers in contact languages, or
- The individual language ecologies in the areas where contact languages emerged.
There will be no registration fees for the workshop.
|Linguistic Subfield:||General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Sociolinguistics|
|Calls and Conferences main page|