|Full Title:||Linguistics Prague 2017|
|Short Title:||LP 2017|
|Location:||Prague, Czech Republic|
|Start Date:||27-Apr-2017 - 29-Apr-2017|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||We invite graduate students and postdoctoral researchers to the first international edition of the conference Linguistics Prague (formerly Lingvistika Praha).
Linguistics Prague is a conference aimed at graduate students of linguistics and related fields. Successfully running since 2013, the conference will be opened to international audience for the first time in 2017 with English as the language of the conference. The focus/leitmotif of the conference is empirical research of language and its methodology. We encourage presentations of original data oriented research concerned with different aspects of language structure and use, as well as discussions of methodological groundings of the 'empirical turn' in linguistics.
The conference takes place at the Faculty of Arts of Charles University in the very center of Prague, Thursday 27 April to Saturday 29 April 2017.
The event will consist of 2 plenary talks, 4 tutorial workshops and a general session for oral presentations and posters.
- Ulrike Mosel (Christian Albrechts Universität, Kiel)
- Pamela Perniss (University of Brighton)
1) Learning how to ask - a condensed introduction to field methods (Florian Siegl)
2) Acceptability judgement task: design and interpretation (Jakub Dotlačil)
3) Phonetics-phonology interface: what is phonological? (Michaela Hejná)
4) Multimodal corpora: annotation practices, tools, and analysis of the (multimodal) spoken and sign language corpus data (Jakub Jehlička)
(Faculty of Arts, Charles University)
|Linguistic Subfield:||General Linguistics; Language Documentation; Sociolinguistics; Typology|
|Calls and Conferences main page|