The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2017 Fund Drive.
|Full Title:||European Second Language Acquisition|
|Location:||Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom|
|Start Date:||30-Aug-2017 - 02-Sep-2017|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||All areas and approaches to the study of bilingual, second/foreign/multiple additional language learning, acquisition and processing are welcome.
- Holger Hopp (University of Braunschweig): L2 Sentence Processing: Building structure from words
- Norbert Schmitt (University of Nottingham): After 25 years of researching vocabulary: A personal reflection on where vocabulary research needs to go next
- Nuria Sebastian-Galles (University Pompeu Fabra): Dividing seas of words: How bilingual input shapes early language acquisition
- Stefanie Wulff (University of Florida): What corpus-linguistics can contribute to second language acquisition research
Language Learning Roundtable:
The theme of the Language Learning Roundtable will be: Native-like Attainment in Second Language Acquisition: How and When?
- Gigi Luk (Gigi Luk, Harvard School of Education)
- Holger Hopp (Braunschweig University of Technology)
- Leah Roberts (York)
- Darren Tanner (University of Illinois at Urbana Campaign)
|Linguistic Subfield:||General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics|
|Calls and Conferences main page|