|Full Title:||22nd Conference on Formal Grammar|
|Start Date:||22-Jul-2017 - 23-Jul-2017|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||FG-2017 is the 22nd conference on Formal Grammar, to be held in conjunction with the European Summer School in Logic, Language and Information, which in 2017 will take place in Toulouse, France.
Previous Formal Grammar meetings were held in Barcelona (1995), Prague (1996), Aix-en-Provence (1997), Saarbrücken (1998), Utrecht (1999), Helsinki (2001), Trento (2002), Vienna (2003), Nancy (2004), Edinburgh (2005), Malaga (2006), Dublin (2007), Hamburg (2008), Bordeaux (2009), Copenhagen (2010), Ljubljana (2011), Opole (2012), Düsseldorf (2013), Tübingen (2014), Barcelona (2015), and Bozen-Bolzano (2016).
Aims and Scope:
FG provides a forum for the presentation of new and original research on formal grammar, mathematical linguistics and the application of formal and mathematical methods to the study of natural language.
Themes of interest include, but are not limited to,
- Formal and computational phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics and pragmatics
- Model-theoretic and proof-theoretic methods in linguistics
- Logical aspects of linguistic structure
- Constraint-based and resource-sensitive approaches to grammar
- Learnability of formal grammar
- Integration of stochastic and symbolic models of grammar
- Foundational, methodological and architectural issues in grammar and linguistics
- Mathematical foundations of statistical approaches to linguistic analysis
Previous conferences in this series have welcomed papers from a wide variety of frameworks.
|Linguistic Subfield:||Computational Linguistics; Morphology; Phonology; Semantics; Syntax|
|Calls and Conferences main page|