|Full Title:||Graduate Conference 2017 Dipsum Unisa|
|Start Date:||06-Jul-2017 - 07-Jul-2017|
|Contact:||GC Organizing Committee DipSUm|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||Blank Spaces. A Survey on Absence.
This Conference proposes an interweaving investigation on this topic, involving different scientific fields (literature, linguistics, philology, history of art and media, anthropology, etc.) and resorting to either newer or well-established methodological perspectives. The aim is that of outlining a meaningful frame of the topic proposed in the context of an interdisciplinary dialogue.
As for the linguistic section, particular focus will be placed on the following issues:
- Absence of forms, absence of meanings
- Ellipsis, reticence, inferences, euphemisms, presuppositions
- Aphasia and other speech disorders
- Linguistic erosion and phenomena of phonetic, morphosyntactic and semantic loss
- The non-place of standards: dialects, regionalisms and subtractive bilingualism
- Absence of words: verbal, non-verbal, paraverbal language
|Linguistic Subfield:||Historical Linguistics; Lexicography; Psycholinguistics; Semantics; Translation|
|Calls and Conferences main page|