The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2017 Fund Drive.
|Full Title:||Translation and Interpreting Forum Olomouc 2017|
|Short Title:||TIFO 2017|
|Location:||Olomouc, Czech Republic|
|Start Date:||10-Nov-2017 - 11-Nov-2017|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||The 2017 conference theme ''Translating the Wor(l)d: Beyond Language'' reflects upon the fact that translation has become a major communication modality of the post-modern globalized world. The conference aims at mapping the landscape of this specific human activity by exploring the increasing complexity of language communication.
The featured invited speakers for TIFO 2017 are Franz Pöchhacker (University of Vienna) and Aline Remael (University of Antwerp).
Conference sections are suggested as follows:
- Translator's and interpreter's role and ethics in global/local communication
- Formative aspects of the profession: developing inclinations, aptitudes, and skills
- Quality throughout the translation/interpreting process
- Crossing language borders: a major challenge, or a source of inspiration?
- Translation technology, its position, requirements, and benefits
- Translating literature as a way to the knowledge of the world
|Calls and Conferences main page|