|Full Title:||Modernity, Innovation and Creativity in Language Education|
|Start Date:||25-Mar-2017 - 26-Mar-2017|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||The conference organised by Faculty of Philology at the Academy of Humanities and Economics in Lodz, Poland, will bring together various specialists in the field of language education such as language teachers, psychologists, educationalists, tutors, scientists and representatives of education authorities. The main aims of the conference are to discuss various issues of teaching and learning (foreign) languages and to disseminate the works of modern psycholinguistics, neurolinguistics, foreign language teaching and outcomes of recent research. Learners’ holistic development, including shaping their personality and broadening their general knowledge in order to reach higher levels of language competency will be emphasised during the conference.
''Innovative education and formal educational requirements''
The common theme of the conference is Innovative education and formal educational requirements. The choice of the theme is related to challenges which innovation and creativity may bring into the process of education in the context of core curriculum, EQF, CFR and other frameworks of reference.
The conference will comprise:
- Innovation in educational practice
- Core curriculum and innovative education
- Applying outcomes of neuroscientific research to foreign language education
- Designing and running classes using learners’ potential and resources
- Considering learners’ learning styles in teaching process
- Multiple intelligences
- Polisensoric teaching
- Project-based teaching
- Developing innovative teaching aids; including customized courses
- New technologies in language teaching and learning
- Teacher’s role in effective teaching process
- Testing and evaluation of learners’ language skills, including ESP courses and courses run in foreign languages
- Content and Language Integrated Learning - CLIL
- Teaching business English – learners’ autonomy in choosing educational content
- Teaching and learning through literature – innovative teaching methods
- Using literature as authentic material in teaching foreign languages
Other related topics will also be taken into consideration.
|Linguistic Subfield:||Applied Linguistics; Psycholinguistics|
|Calls and Conferences main page|