The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2017 Fund Drive.
|Full Title:||35th Annual & 1st International Conference of Linguistic Society of India|
|Start Date:||27-Nov-2013 - 29-Nov-2013|
|Contact:||Linguistic Society of India|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||We are pleased to announce that the Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore (India) will host the 35th Annual and the 1st International Conference of the Linguistic Society of India (ICOLSI-1).
Prof. S.N. Sridhar
SUNY Distinguished Service Professor State University of New York, Stony Brook
1. Prof.Rajend Mesthrie, University of Cape Town, Cape Town
2. Prof. Claus Peter Zoller, University of Oslo, Oslo
3. Prof. Rakesh Mohan Bhatt, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
4. Prof. Christiane Pilot Richoor, CNRS, France
5. Prof. Ajit K. Mohanty, Retired Professor, JNU, India
There will be two special sessions:
1. Language Documentation and Description of Less-Explored Languages
2. Communication, Cognition and Cybernetics
The conference will include two invited colloquia (1 hour and 40 minutes each).
1. Language and Mind in Autism (Lead Speaker, Prof. Parasuram Ramamoorthi)
2. Classifiers in Indian Languages (or) Language Conflict and Resolution Studies (to be confirmed)
|Linguistic Subfield:||General Linguistics|
|Calls and Conferences main page|