The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
|Full Title:||4th International Conference on Samoyedology|
|Start Date:||03-Oct-2012 - 05-Oct-2012|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||4th International Conference on Samoyedology
3-5 October, 2012
The conference topics include, but are not limited to:
- Synchronic and diachronic research on all grammatical levels concerning Samoyedic languages;
- Problems of bi-/multilingualism and language policy regarding the Samoyedic languages;
- Research on contact linguistics, areality and/or typology including one or several Samoyedic languages.
Different round table discussions shall deal with certain aspects of Samoyedic studies:
- The history of the Samoyedic languages and of Samoyedic studies? This round table discussion is devoted to the memory of E. A. Helimski;
- Documenting and archiving Samoyedic languages? Achievements, tasks and open questions;
- Results and perspectives of the lexicography of the Uralic languages.
|Linguistic Subfield:||Historical Linguistics; Language Documentation; Lexicography; Sociolinguistics; Typology|
|Calls and Conferences main page|