The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2017 Fund Drive.
|Full Title:||XIV International Young Linguists Conference|
|Short Title:||Young Linguists|
|Location:||Olomouc, Czech Republic|
|Start Date:||06-May-2013 - 08-May-2013|
|Meeting Email:||click here to access email|
|Meeting Description:||The European Language Mosaic: An impulse for languages to diverge or converge (?)
You are cordially invited to the traditional annual meeting of young linguists developing the tradition started in 2000 in the Czech Language Institute of the ASCR in Prague and since 2001 continued at Palacký University in Olomouc. This year’s main topics are:
- The Language Policies of European Union: European integration and/versus the diversity of languages, local languages, minor languages, immigrant languages, languages in contact and in conflict.
- The differentiation of national languages: local dialects, the koine-ization process, social dialects, standard language and its functions, standard language as a construct (?)
- National languages and their internal differentiation
- The situation of Czech language, the position of contemporary standard Czech, grammatical description of contemporary Czech, language development theories, the diglossia in languages
- The Czech National Corpus (ČNK) as a source of language data a representative corpus, corpus linguistics
These and other topics will be addressed by young linguistics this year. You are invited to submit paper proposals concerning the following areas:
- Gender studies
- Translation and interpreting studies
- Comparative and (inter)cultural studies
When and Where:
6-8 May 2013
Faculty of Arts, Palacký University, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Křížkovského 10, 771 80 Olomouc
As a presenter, anyone who:
a) is interested in language and speech, text studies or communication,
b) wants to give a presentation, take part in discussions, and listen to others,
c) has completed an M.A/Mgr. programme and has no higher degree than Ph.D.
As a visitor anyone who meets the criteria under a) + wants to listen to others and take part in discussions.
a) Main conference: papers on the central or related topics
b) Workshops: 3 workshops will be held at the conference
1. Diachronic workshop
Convenor: Robert Dittmann
3. The role of standard language in audio-visual media
- Application deadline April 1, 2013
- Registration form: http://mladi-lingviste.cz/, see Letter of invitation
- Send the registration form to the conference address: email@example.com
- Send the Abstract as a separate attachment as a .doc or .pdf file. It should include:
1. Paper title
2. a) Paper or b) Workshop contribution (name of the workshop). Do not include your name!
3. Text (max. 300 words excluding references)
April 1, 2013: Submission deadline for registration (registration form) and paper proposals (abstract)
April 15, 2013: Notification of acceptance
May 6-8, 2013: Conference
doc. PhDr. Ivana Bozděchová, CSc.
doc. Mirjam Fried, Ph.D.
prof. PhDr. Jana Hoffmannová, DrSc.
doc. PhDr. Eva Jandová, Ph.D.
prof. Dr. habil. Peter Kosta
doc. RNDr. Vladimír Petkevič, SCs.
prof. PhDr. Libuše Spáčilová, Dr.
prof. PhDr. Jarmila Tárnyiková, CSc.
doc. PhDr. Zdeňka Vychodilová, CSc.
doc. Mgr. Lic. Lenka Zajícová, Ph.D.
|Linguistic Subfield:||General Linguistics|
|Calls and Conferences main page|