Abuja International Conference on Language and Literature
Conference URL: http://uniabuja.edu.ng
Theme: Chinua Achebe: From Prologue to Epilogue.
The 2013 conference celebrates Late Chinua Achebe the greatest writer of his time and the founding father of African literature and whose style derives from African oral narrative tradition.
- Chinua Achebe: Life and times
- Achebe and his literary muse
- Achebe and literary influence
- Achebe and his literary career
- The pre-occupations of Achebe novels
- Achebe as a poet
- Achebe as an essayist
- The art of Achebe’s short stories
- Achebe’s writings for children
- Achebe as a historian
- Achebe in politics
- Achebe in Exile
- Achebe in racism
- Achebe and pan-Igbo struggle
- Achebe the democrat
- Gender question and Chinua Achebe
- Achebe and his audience
- Achebe’s literary sons and daughters
- Achebe and his critics
- The language of Chinua Achebe
- Phono-semantic issues in Achebe’s writings
- The stylistics of proverbs in Achebe’s works
- Socio-linguistic dimensions in Achebe’s writings
- Socio-pragmatic issues in Achebe’s writings
- Achebe and gender/critics
Abstracts of not more than 200 words to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Authors should include their sub-theme, name, title, email and phone number, using MS-Word, New Times Roman Font Size 12 with double line spacing.
Abstract Submission Deadline:
1st Call: 10th June, 2013
2nd Call: 10th August, 2013
Acceptance Letter: 25th August, 2013.
Paper Submission Deadline: Papers should get to Convenor/Conference Secretary not later than 30th August, 2013.
Submission of Paper: Papers should not exceed 15 pages of A4 Paper using the MLA style. A soft copy (on CD) should be brought along side 20 copies to the conference venue. Presentation at the conference is by SLIDE on MS- PowerPoint. Alternatively, papers could be brought to the conference venue by those whose abstract submission did not meet the deadline.
Arrival: Thursday 10th October, 2013
Departure: Saturday 12th October, 2013
Conference Free: Covers only conference material, refreshments and certificate of participation.
- The conference participation fee of N20,000
Local: Early Bird till October 14, N17, 000
- $200 International: Early Bird till October 14, $170
- Students – with evidence of studentship- local N8,000, Early Bird till October 14, N6,000
- Students- with evidence of studentship- $60 International, Early Bird till October 14, $57
All payments to:
Vicky M. Sylvester (H.O.D)
Account Name: Vicky Sylvester
Name of Bank: Access Bank
Branch: Abuja Cadestral
Account Number: 0016783557
Sort Code: 484225
For further information, contact:
Convener/ Head of Department
Prof. V.M Sylvester
Mobile: +234 806 097 2880
Prof. Effiok B. Uwatt
Mobile: +234 806 526 5641
For Hotel Assistance
Mobile +234 803 597 5993
Key Note Speakers:
Prof. David ker: Benue State University, Makurdi, Nigeria.
Prof. Ibrahim Bello Kano: Bayero University, Kano, Nigeria.
Prof. J.O.J Nwachukwu-Agbada: Abia State University, Uturu, Nigeria.
Prof. Olu Obafemi: University of Illorin, Illorin, Nigeria.
Prof. Umelo Ojinmah: Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nigeria
Prof. Mary Kolawole: Kwara State University, Nigeria
Prof. Akachi Ademora-Ezeigbo: University of Lagos, Nigeria
Senator Uche Chukwumerije: Chairman, Senate Committee on Education
Prof. Micheal Thelwell: University of Massachusetts, USA.
The Abuja International Conference on Language and Literature will be held from 10-Oct-2013 to 14-Oct-2013.
Abstract Submission Information:
Abstracts can be submitted from 25-Jul-2013 until 20-Aug-2013.
Abstract Rating Information:
Submitted Abstracts will be reviewed and rated from 26-Jul-2013 until 21-Aug-2013. Authors will be notified of their acceptance after 22-Aug-2013.