Help the C-Commander Rescue the Pig Mobile!
Ends April 17, 2007
Degenerative Gramma' has stolen the keys to the Pig Mobile! Just to spite C-Commander, she has hidden the keys somewhere on Eastern Michigan University's campus (where LINGUIST List is located). To be even more devious, Degenerative Grandma has provided a series of clues and scattered them across campus and the surrounding city of Ypsilanti. As C-Commander, you must ride on your wobbly bike and navigate the Google map of Ypsilanti, moving from clue to clue (marked by red squares). At each clue, Degenerative Gramma' has left you a question that must be answered. Answering a question correctly might unlock the location of more clues (if you're lucky!). If you are one of the first 10 players to answer 25 or more questions correctly, you will receive a prize donated by our supporting publishers and subscribers (scroll down to see the prize list). Enjoy!
- 1st place: free subscription to the online version of Labov's The Atlas of North American English, donated by Mouton de Gruyter
- 2nd place: Subscription to Discourse Studies, donated by Sage UK
- 3rd place: The Lexicon Graph Model: A Generic Model for Multimodal Lexicon Development, donated by Thorsten Trippel
- 4th place: The Studies of Foreign Languages and Culture. Vols 1, 2, 3. Beijing: Beijing Polytech University Press, donated by Gang Gu (total: 3 items)
- 5th place: The Studies of Foreign Languages and Culture. Vols 1, 2, 3. Beijing: Beijing Polytech University Press, donated by Gang Gu (total: 3 items)
- 6th place: Studies on Modern Phonetics and Phonology, Jilun & Wang Jialing. (eds.) 2004, donated by Gang Gu
- 7th place: Il linguaggio verbale non-standard dei bambini sordi, donated by Cristiano Chesi
- 8th place: Phonetic and Phonological Studies on Tianjin Dialect, by Lu, Jilun (ed.) 2004, donated by Gang Gu
- 9th place: Convert text to Phonetic Spelling at truespel.com, donated by Tom Zurinskas
- 10th place: Metàfora, fraseologia i traducció, [Metaphor, phraseology, and translation; Catalan text], Van Lawick, Heike (2006), donated by Claus Dieter Pusch