Objectives and Strategies
- To enhance the Internet infrastructure of linguistics by building online databases of linguistic information. These databases provide information on jobs, conferences, books, dissertations, journals, list of linguists worldwide and other mailing lists and websites of language-related professional societies.
- To create a central point of access to dispersed linguistic databases for the dissemination of information on accessible digital resources on all the world's languages, and on the discipline of linguistics.
- To pursue research in language technology in order to develop computational tools that support the work of language documentation and analysis.
- To develop standards, procedures, and facilities that support electronic archiving of language data, especially on endangered languages.
- To provide a rich research and learning environment for training in language technologies for EMU faculty and students, as well as academia, government, business, and the general public.