The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2017 Fund Drive.
|Type of Work:||Transcription|
|Duration:||17-MAR-2014 to 31-AUG-2014|
|Compensation:||Paid : competitive|
|Internship Location:||Bedford, Massachusetts, USA View Map|
|Minimum Education Level:||BA|
Position is available in either Bedford, MA or Chantilly, VA.
As an intern, your attention to detail is paramount for the accurate transcription using International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) standards as well as for any application performance assessment and tuning requirements. The expected duration of this employment is 6 months, but longer terms can be considered.
- collect utterance data and carry out tuning activities
- supply phonetic transcriptions to accurately model pronunciation
- track performance and create monthly performance review reports
- update and maintain Genesys internal directories
- assist Client Services as required in support of customer specific projects
- BA/MA in Linguistics, Phonetics, Computational Linguistics, or other related degree
- experience with phonetic transcription and IPA
- ability to program in a scripting language (Perl or Python)
- knowledge of Unix/Linux
- familiarity with text editors under Linux and Windows
- fluency in a second language, other than English, is desired
|Application Deadline:||(Open until filled)|
|For More Information, Contact:||
|Return to Browse Internships Return to Internships|