Research and Product Development
|Type of Work:||Onomastics|
|Duration:||15-SEP-2014 to 12-DEC-2014|
|Compensation:||Paid : To be discussed|
|Internship Location:||South Hackensack, New Jersey, USA View Map|
|Minimum Education Level:||No Minimum|
Ethnic Technologies is offering an opportunity to apply morphological and phonological principles to data analysis in a corporate setting.
As an intern, your tasks will consist of
- classifying first and last names by ethnicity;
- seeing morphological patterns within lists of names;
- defining rules from visible patterns;
- improving the logic that incorporates name intelligence into a predictive software product.
Requirements for applicants:
- current undergraduate or graduate student;
- strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- competency in at least one second language;
- self-driven and self-motivated; works independently within set objectives;
- basic computer programming skills and knowledge of database software beneficial;
- an intern needs to be able to work from the company office in South Hackensack, NJ.
Spring/Fall Semester Internship Hours: 8hrs/wk spread over one or two week days.
Payment is not guaranteed, but possible at the discretion of Ethnic Technologies.Ethnic Technologies provides year round internship opportunities. The application deadline for a fall internship is 8/15.
How to apply:
Please send a brief cover letter and resume (no more than one page each) describing your background and interest. Call/email for more detailed information (contact information is listed below).
|Apply By Email:||lraddingethnictechnologies.com|
|For More Information, Contact:||
PH: 866-333-8324 ext.111
|Return to Browse Internships Return to Internships|