The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Research and Product Development
|Type of Work:||Onomastics|
|Duration:||15-SEP-2014 to 12-DEC-2014|
|Compensation:||Paid : To be discussed|
|Internship Location:||South Hackensack, New Jersey, USA View Map|
|Minimum Education Level:||No Minimum|
Ethnic Technologies is offering an opportunity to apply morphological and phonological principles to data analysis in a corporate setting.
As an intern, your tasks will consist of
- classifying first and last names by ethnicity;
- seeing morphological patterns within lists of names;
- defining rules from visible patterns;
- improving the logic that incorporates name intelligence into a predictive software product.
Requirements for applicants:
- current undergraduate or graduate student;
- strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- competency in at least one second language;
- self-driven and self-motivated; works independently within set objectives;
- basic computer programming skills and knowledge of database software beneficial;
- an intern needs to be able to work from the company office in South Hackensack, NJ.
Spring/Fall Semester Internship Hours: 8hrs/wk spread over one or two week days.
Payment is not guaranteed, but possible at the discretion of Ethnic Technologies.Ethnic Technologies provides year round internship opportunities. The application deadline for a fall internship is 8/15.
How to apply:
Please send a brief cover letter and resume (no more than one page each) describing your background and interest. Call/email for more detailed information (contact information is listed below).
|Apply By Email:||lraddingethnictechnologies.com|
|For More Information, Contact:||
PH: 866-333-8324 ext.111
|Return to Browse Internships Return to Internships|