The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2017 Fund Drive.
Language Technology Team, Office International
|Type of Work:||Nlp|
|Duration:||08-JUL-2013 to (Undetermined)|
|Compensation:||Paid : TBC|
|Internship Location:||Dublin, Dublin, Ireland View Map|
|Minimum Education Level:||BA|
Would you like the opportunity to contribute to Microsoft’s Natural Language technology development? Are you interested in Natural Language Processing and Computational Linguistics? Have you ever wondered what team are behind those annoying red and blue squiggly lines in Microsoft Word? That’s us!
The Language Technology Team (LTT) is part of the Microsoft Office Division, responsible for providing Proofing Tools and Natural Language (NL) features to the Office product in over 90 languages. We develop and maintain features such as the Spell Checkers, Thesauri and Grammar Checkers, to name a few.
Our team is looking for a person that wants to apply their linguistic knowledge to the commercial world by helping create the next wave of cool linguistic components to ship in future versions of Office. There are opportunities for a full-time role after the internship so what’s there to think about?!
1. Work alongside the in-house team, Linguistic Development vendors and Natural Language Group in Redmond to drive the quality of NL features and extend our suite of tools into more languages
2. Become proficient with Microsoft’s linguistic development process and suite of tools
3. Work on the next wave of new features that are being considered for future releases of Microsoft Office
1. Current student of linguistics, computational linguistics or computer science which includes natural language processing
2. Good communication skills are a must, both written and verbal
3. Good programming skills. Some knowledge of any of the following languages: C#, Java, Visual Basic.Net or C++
4. Fluency of a foreign language would be advantageous but not essential
5. Knowledge of machine learning techniques would be advantageous but not essential
Note: This position is open for European Union Citizens undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate students that have the ability to take a break in their studies. The standard duration is 12 months but shorter time periods can also be considered. You must be returning to full-time study after the completion of the internship, the position is not open to applicants who have already completed their degree, or will do so before the start of the internship.
|Application Deadline:||Position has been filled.|
|Apply By Email:||colinlamicrosoft.com|
|For More Information, Contact:||
|Return to Browse Internships Return to Internships|