The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Guidelines for Announcing Internships on LINGUIST
The LINGUIST List does not investigate and cannot take responsibility for the quality of internships announced on our website.
If you have any questions, please contact the Internships Editor at internships linguistlist.org.
- Posting internship announcements is free of charge.
- The issue of LINGUIST containing your internship announcement, once posted, will be available as a web page on the LINGUIST site. Additionally, your internship announcement will be entered into our searchable database, which can be accessed by the public from our Browse Current Internships page.
- LINGUIST List is an electronically published journal and is registered with the U.S. Library of Congress. Like other serial publications, LINGUIST issues, once posted to our subscribers, cannot be amended, modified, or deleted.
- Because our audience consists of academic linguists, we can only announce internships that are directly relevant to the field of linguistics or for which linguists are particularly qualified.
- Please include an accurate application deadline as part of your internship announcement to avoid receiving inquiries after the position has been filled.
- Please be sure to check all information for accuracy before you submit your internship announcement to us.
How to submit an announcement
- Please submit your announcements via our web form.
- The internship submission process has six steps, which take only a few minutes to complete.
Revising an internship announcement
- Please DO NOT submit corrections via our web form. Please contact our internships editor (internships linguistlist.org) if you need to make corrections.
- In accordance with our status as a serial publication, the issue of LINGUIST that contains your internship announcement cannot be altered in any way. However, if you need to amend your announcement, you may submit a follow-up posting. You will not be charged for the corrected posting.
- You may change the information contained in our searchable database at any time by emailing the internships editor. (internships linguistlist.org)
Redistribution of LINGUIST List internship announcements
- Sites offering free access may redistribute LINGUIST List internship announcements, as long as LINGUIST List is properly credited for the information. Harvesting and redistribution by commercial enterprises, for commercial purposes of any kind, is prohibited.
Unsolicited contact of internship submitters
- Distributing unsolicited material to the submitters LINGUIST List internship announcements is strongly discouraged. Submitters do not wish to be contacted by any parties other than legitimate applicants.
Back to internships index page.