LINGUIST List 12.1655

Mon Jun 25 2001

Jobs: ESL Materials Development, Shanghai Jiao Tong U

Editor for this issue: Naomi Ogasawara <>


  1. Prof Shutang Zheng, ESL Materials Development at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China

Message 1: ESL Materials Development at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China

Date: 22 Jun 2001 02:19:17 -0000
From: Prof Shutang Zheng <>
Subject: ESL Materials Development at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China

Rank of Job: Materials development specialist
Areas Required: ESL materials development
Other Desired Areas: ESL classroom instruction, teaching methodology
University or Organization: Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Department: School of Foreign Languages
State or Province: Shanghai
Country: China
Final Date of Application: 8/1/2001
Contact: Prof Shutang Zheng

Address for Applications:
1954 Huashan Road

Starting Date: 9/1/2001. An earlier starting date can be negotiated. 
Address for Application:

 Prof Shutang Zheng
 School of Foreign Languages
 Shanghai Jiao Tong University
 Shanghai 200030

Description of the job

Shanghai Jiao Tong University ( is a leading
university in China in ESL instruction, testing and materials
development. We are currently developing a series of ESL textbooks for
college students nationwide and looking for a materials development
specialist to join our team. Duties include authoring both written and
spoken ESL learning materials, proofreading materials developed by
other authors, and performing other relevant tasks as specified by the
team leader. For more information and application, please contact
Prof. Shutang Zheng at


Native speaker of English with M.A. (or equivalent) in ESL or related
field. Experience in ESL learning materials development strongly
preferred. Classroom instruction experience a plus.


- Full-time (40 hours per week);
- Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications;
- Free accommodation, free medical and dental insurance;
- Length of contract: 6 months to one academic year. Renewable based
 needs and performance;
- Travel allowance: Paid one-way airfare from China to the country of
 residence after one academic year of service.
Mail to author|Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue