LINGUIST List 15.3083
Mon Nov 01 2004
Jobs: English & Tesol/Tefl: Lecturer, U of Kitakyushu
Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessalinguistlist.org>
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html.
This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment
standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
English & Tesol/Tefl: Lecturer, University of Kitakyushu, Japan
Message 1: English & Tesol/Tefl: Lecturer, University of Kitakyushu, Japan
From: Saeko Urushibara <saekokitakyu-u.ac.jp>
Subject: English & Tesol/Tefl: Lecturer, University of Kitakyushu, Japan
University or Organization: University of Kitakyushu
Department: Faculty of Humanities, Dept of Comparative Culture
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: TESOL/TEFL or Linguistics
Required Language: English
- Monthly Salary: Paid in accordance with 'Compensation Table for Language
Lecturers of the City of Kitakyushu' (on the basis of the years after
graduation from college/university).
- Other Compensation and Benefits:
Bonus: paid on a par with full-time faculty members.
Allowances for moving, dependents and housing: Not paid.
Commute Allowance: Paid up to 450 yen/day.
- Social Insurances: Fees for governmental health insurance, unemployment
insurance and welfare pension will be withdrawn from monthly payment and
- Type of Contract: One-year contract renewable up to four times, i.e. a maximum
of five years. He or she may reapply after the term has come to the end.
- Duties: Teaching nine classes per week (including evening course) on English,
English Conversation and Composition, and related subjects. Administrative
duties. One class lasts 90-minutes long.
- A native speaker of English
- M. A. or higher degree (TESOL/TEFL and linguistics preferred)
- Teaching experience related to the subjects
- Japanese proficiency required for university administration
3. Starting Date: 1 April 2005
4. Required Documents
- Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopies of relevant diplomas and/or a certificate of prospective graduation
- List of Publications *Check three of major works.
- (Photocopies of) Major works and/or self-developed teaching materials,
e.g., course books, CALL-related software or system
- An essay on education and research (1500-3000 words on A-4 or letter-size
- (For non-Japanese residents in Japan) Photocopies of the face and back of Alien
- (For those who have passed preliminary selection) A certificate of health check-up
5. Selection Procedures: An interview will be held for those who have passed
preliminary selection based on submitted documents. Expenses involved in
application, including travel expenses, will not be covered.
Submit application by registered mail. Print in red 'Application for language
lecturer enclosed' on the envelope. Application documents will not be returned
in principle. All information will be classified and kept strictly confidential.
Address for Applications:
Mr Toshiaki Noma
Academic Sections, Faculty of Human
4-2-1 Kitagata Kokura-minami-ku
Kitakyushu, Fukuoka 802-8577
Application Deadline: 30-Nov-2004
Mr. Toshiaki Noma
This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue