LINGUIST List 15.3400
Sat Dec 04 2004
Jobs: Applied Ling/Terminologist: Researcher, Italy
Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessalinguistlist.org>
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html.
This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment
standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Applied Linguistics/Terminologist: Junior Researcher, European Academy of Bolzano, Italy
Message 1: Applied Linguistics/Terminologist: Junior Researcher, European Academy of Bolzano, Italy
From: Elena Chiocchetti <EChiocchettieurac.edu>
Subject: Applied Linguistics/Terminologist: Junior Researcher, European Academy of Bolzano, Italy
University or Organization: European Academy of Bolzano
Department: Institute for Specialised Communication and Multilingualism
Job Rank: Junior Researcher
Specialty Areas: Terminologist
Required Language(s): French (Language Code: FRN)
German, Standard (Language Code: GER)
Italian (Language Code: ITN)
Slovenian (Language Code: SLV)
The Institute for "Specialised Communication and Multilingualism" of the
European Academy of Bolzano plans to enlarge its research team with 3 junior
researchers for a new terminology project on language harmonisation in the field
of environment and spatial planning (please refer to http://www.eurac.edu,
LexALP Project, for further details).
- terminology work in the field of environment and spatial planning
- collaboration in the design and development of a web-based Information System
offering corpus, term bank and several language services
- drafting of project reports
- participation to conferences and seminars to disseminate project results
- publication of scientific articles on specialised journals.
- university degree in Applied Linguistics, Comparative Law or related fields
- native speaker competence in either French or German or Italian or Slovene and
very good command of at least one of the other languages
- experience in the field of terminology processing and management
- ability to work in a multicultural and multilingual team
- interest in interdisciplinary research
- capacity to work efficiently to reach goals and meet strict deadlines
- good knowledge of the English language an advantage.
Conditions of Employment:
The initial appointment is for 1 year (freelance contract) and is renewable
(fixed contract for 2 years), subject to satisfactory service.
How To Apply:
Please use the application forms under
Application (detailed CV + cover letter) to be sent by post, fax or e-mail
preferably by 20th December 2004 to the address below (e-mail:
language.laweurac.edu; Fax +39 0471 055199).
For further information please write to language.laweurac.edu or call +39
0471 055 100.
Address for Applications:
Via Druso/Drususallee 1
European Academy of Bolzano
Institute for Specialised Communication and Multilingualism
Viale Druso/Drususallee 1
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Phone: +39 0471 055 100
Fax: +39 0471 055199
This announcement was not accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List.
It is being posted as a service to the discipline.
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue