LINGUIST List 16.1413|
Wed May 04 2005
Jobs: Computational Ling: Support Engineer, InQuira, Inc
Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards. Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries. To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html.
Computational Linguistics: Support Engineer, InQuira, Inc., CA, USA
Message 1: Computational Linguistics: Support Engineer, InQuira, Inc., CA, USA
From: Karin Golde <kgoldeinquira.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Support Engineer, InQuira, Inc., CA, USA
This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!
University or Organization: InQuira, Inc.
Department: Customer Support
Job Rank: Support Engineer
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics
The Technical Support Engineer specializing in Language Processing Support
provides technical support to customers by answering complex questions on
function, usage and integration of InQuira products primarily, but not
exclusively, dealing with question and answer accuracy issues. Acting as
the primary support liaison between InQuira and its customers regarding
Natural Language Search results and Content issues, the Technical Support
Engineer will work with customers to identify, troubleshoot, and correct
technical issues. Typical issues range from simple usage questions to
complicated debugging of error conditions.
- Provide ongoing Dictionary maintenance for customers with hosted solutions.
- Perform problem resolution and verification for Natural Language Search result
and Content issues.
- Provide support to customers by responding to incoming email and phone calls
- Maintain status of issues in the call tracking system
- Assist in testing product updates from engineering
- Provide support for Beta programs
- Convey customer feedback to the product development group
- Assist in the development of the InQuira Knowledge Base
- Assist in the development and implementation of e-support tools for use by
- Bachelor's degree with 1-3 years professional experience or Masters degree
with a major in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics or Language Studies.
- Must have some experience working with Natural Language Processing and/or
Rules Based Systems
- Strong troubleshooting and deductive reasoning skills
- Good technical communication and customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work under time pressures
- Ability to clearly document solution status and resolution
Really Nice to Have:
- Knowledge and experience of using XML, XSLT, HTML and other Web technologies.
InQuira is a dynamic fast-paced start-up organization that plans to
revolutionize the way everyone will interact with computer systems using
our unique and patented natural language interaction technology. Our
products enable people to use computers and the Internet to obtain the
right information on demand, using plain language rather than
computer-speak. By making it possible for any person to access any
computerized information without special training or experience, we are
removing the most significant barrier between people and computers. We are
well funded by an impressive group of financial investors and venture
capitalists, are partnered with a leading consulting organization, have a
growing number of Fortune 500 customers and the best technical and
management talent in the business.
Address for Applications
Please email applications to jobsinquira.com
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.