LINGUIST List 16.1521|
Thu May 12 2005
Jobs: Ontology: Lead Ontologist, Aptas, Inc.
Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards. Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries. To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html.
Modified Re: 16.1521493: Ontology: Lead Ontologist, Aptas, Inc, CO, USA
Message 1: Modified Re: 16.1493: Ontology: Lead Ontologist, Aptas, Inc, CO, USA
From: Rebecca Weiss <rweissaptas.com>
Subject: Modified Re: 16.1493: Ontology: Lead Ontologist, Aptas, Inc, CO, USA
This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!
University or Organization: Aptas, Inc
Job Rank: Lead Ontologist
Specialty Areas: Ontology
Aptas, Inc. provides technology solutions to the Yellow Pages industry,
converting print and digital content into versatile, high-impact online
media. Headquartered in downtown Denver, Aptas is expanding its staff to
enhance our local search core competencies.
The Lead Ontologist will be responsible for creating, designing, and
modifying Ontology and Ontology structure for our various customers. This
person will be responsible for innovation and general Ontology development
as Ontology requirements change. They will serve as Team Lead on various
Ontology projects, and they will assist the Director with certain aspects
of management, including the development of department culture and
standards. They will also serve as a liaison between the Director and the
rest of the team.
- Basic computer skills such as Internet, email, and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to edit & manipulate text highly desired, using tools such as Emacs
and Perl. SQL also desired.
- Knowledge of Ontology structures; experience with developing and maintaining
such structures essential.
- Ability to assist with Ontology development, especially through input in
meetings. - Ability to use problem-solving skills to overcome obstacles.
- Ability to lead projects from set-up through to QA.
- Ability to QA own Ontology work, and work of others.
- Travel &/or foreign language experience desired.
- In-depth knowledge of any major industry, such as Health Care, Automotive,
Legal, Construction, and so forth helpful.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to communicate
effectively with reports, peers, superiors, and customers essential.
- Leadership or management experience a plus.
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic environment with aggressive
deadlines and complex customer requirements.
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team from start of project
- Ability to adjust to changing focus and/or priorities.
- Ability to successfully multi-task and set priorities as needed.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, challenging and aggressively fast-paced environment.
- Proven desire to push Aptas to the pinnacle of the Local Search industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Linguistics, Library Science, or related field
- 2-3 years experience in Ontology or related field.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements &/or history to
rweissaptas.com. No phone calls, please.
Absolutely no third parties
Address for Applications:
1517 Blake St
Denver, CO 80202
United States of America
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.