LINGUIST List 16.1691|
Fri May 27 2005
Jobs: Text/Corpus Ling: Analyst, H5 Technologies, USA
Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards. Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries. To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html.
Text/Corpus Ling: Analyst, H5 Technologies, San Fransisco, USA
Message 1: Text/Corpus Ling: Analyst, H5 Technologies, San Fransisco, USA
From: Katie Laine <klaineh5technologies.com>
Subject: Text/Corpus Ling: Analyst, H5 Technologies, San Fransisco, USA
This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!
University or Organization: H5 Technologies
Job Rank: Discourse Analyst/Linguist
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Semantics; Text/Corpus
Required Language(s): English (ENG)
H5 Technologies, Inc. is a privately held, Draper Fisher Jurvetson funded
company located in San Francisco's SOMA district. H5 provides technology
based document review services to government agencies, law firms and
corporate counsels through both direct sales and outsourced service
contracts. H5's patented technology, which replicates and automates human
relevance assessments, along with our advanced linguistic analysis enables
the review of massive document collections with unparalleled results. H5
has have consistently outperformed alternative approaches to document
review on price, speed and above all, quality.
Our Professional Services Group consults with litigants and their legal
teams to devise a classification scheme and then trains our patented
software engine to automatically classify documents in the collection. H5
is seeking linguists to join us for several upcoming large projects.
- Rapidly developing an understanding of new fields
- Reading a wide variety of documents, from email to academic articles;
synthesizing large amounts of information into a coherent picture of the
community that produced and used it
- Researching factual issues in complex litigation
- Interviewing subject matter experts
- Analyzing linguistic data
- Researching large corpora for linguistic patterns
- Identifying and modeling processes and relationships in a community
- Designing, building, and testing H5's unique and proprietary knowledge bases
- Demonstrated understanding of role of syntax in language.
- Mastery of the English language.
- An interest in researching and modeling another community's structure and
the interests, goals, and constraints that shape the actions of members of that
community - experience in ethnography or anthropology a plus.
- Leadership skills, personal incentive and a demonstrated ability to initiate,
develop, and successfully conclude projects.
- A sharp eye for detail, precise thinking, ability to make close, analytical
judgments, and a practiced sense of order and organization.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, both autonomously and
- Experience in a software development environment a plus.
- Basic computer and software competency in a PC/Windows environment,
including Microsoft Office application. Basic familiarity with Unix and PERL -
programming skills a plus.
- Solid academic credentials: graduate-level coursework in linguistics
- Experience applying linguistic expertise to real language data -
experience in Corpus Analysis, Text Analysis, Conversational Analysis, or
Computational Linguistics a plus.
H5 Technologies fosters a culture that rewards personal excellence in the
pursuit of our common goals and is extraordinarily respectful of the
individual and of the creative, intellectual, and cultural diversity of our
team. Our culture has allowed us to attract and retain talented individuals
who are driven by a vision of the way we will transform the practice of
H5 Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume and cover letter to ling-jobsh5technologies.com
Address for Applications:
Director, Human Resources Katie Laine
c/o H5 Technologies
520 Third St. 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94107
United States of America
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Phone: 415.625.6701 ext. 307
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.