LINGUIST List 16.184
Thu Jan 20 2005
Jobs: Computational Linguist: Researcher, Sensory, Inc.
Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion <vanessalinguistlist.org>
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use
non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge
that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity,
nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we
have no means of enforcing these standards.
Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding
employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international
employment page at http://linguistlist.org/jobnet.html. This page has been
set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries.
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Computational Linguist: Researcher, Sensory, Inc., CA, USA
Message 1: Computational Linguist: Researcher, Sensory, Inc., CA, USA
From: Hiring Manager <careerssensoryinc.com>
Subject: Computational Linguist: Researcher, Sensory, Inc., CA, USA
University or Organization: Sensory, Inc.
Job Rank: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
We offer an exciting opportunity at a growing technology company targeting
consumer products with cutting edge speech chips and technologies. Sensory is
the leader in a growing market for voice user interfaces in consumer electronics.
- A strong background in optimal algorithm implementation on both embedded
and desktop systems is required.
- A background in pattern recognition, speech signal processing, speech synthesis,
computer architecture and animation rendering is desired.
- Capable of porting to specific embedded and desktop platforms, running a variety
of operating systems, using C and scripting languages.
- Ideal candidates will be able to perform most, if not all duties with minimal
- Assist and contribute to the development of state of the art speech recognition,
speech synthesis and facial animation technologies on platforms with limited
- porting, of these speech technologies to various embedded platforms, including
different processors, operating systems and audio channels - quoting projects
to develop new technology features or projects to port existing technologies
Requirements and Preferences:
- EE or MS with a focus on embedded systems is required.
- Demonstrated ability in signal processing is required
- Fundamental understanding of computer architecture required
- Good knowledge of C required
- Good knowledge of Tcl and or Perl preferred
- 1 or more years of experience in the speech recognition industry preferred
Job Code: 04-5
Address for Applications
1991 Russell Avenue
Santa Clara, CA 95054
United States of America
Application Deadline: 31-Mar-2005
This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue