LINGUIST List 16.1960|
Fri Jun 24 2005
Confs: Computational Ling/Jeju Island, Korea
Editor for this issue: Kevin Burrows
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html.
Second International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing
Message 1: Second International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing
From: Robert Dale <rdaleics.mq.edu.au>
Subject: Second International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing
Second International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing
Short Title: IJCNLP05
Date: 11-Oct-2005 - 13-Oct-2005
Location: Jeju Island, Korea, Republic of
Contact: Jong-Hyeok Lee
Contact Email: < click here to access email >
Meeting URL: http://www.afnlp.org/IJCNLP05/
Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics
See the conference website at http://www.afnlp.org/IJCNLP05/ for updated information.
International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing 2005
Oct. 10-15, 2005 at Jeju Island, Korea
IJCNLP2005 Newsletter No.3 (21/June/2005)
Publicity Chairs: Hiroshi Nakagawa (U-Tokyo, Japan) and Jong C. Park (KAIST,
The publicity chairs of IJCNLP05 issue newsletter to inform you of the latest information about IJCNLP05. This is the third Newsletter of INCNLP05 this year.
Now IJCNLP05's homepage is open. You can check the updated information on http://www.afnlp.org/IJCNLP05/
This newsletter includes
1. CALL FOR EXHIBITION URL: http://www.afnlp.org/IJCNLP05/archives6.html
2. Registration Guidelines for IJCNLP-05: URL :
3. VISA Application: URL: http://www.afnlp.org/IJCNLP05/general.html
4. Nagao Fund
CALL FOR EXHIBITION
IJCNLP-05 The Second International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing
October 11-13, 2005
Jeju Island, Republic of Korea
IJCNLP-05 conference will be held in Jeju Island, R. of Korea during October 11-13, 2005. We would like to offer you the possibility to come into contact with all the conference attendees to advertise your company and products. The exhibition is a good opportunity for your company to address a wide variety of experts and potential customers in the field of natural language processing and its application areas.
Exhibition hall and facilities
The exhibition in conjunction with IJCNLP-05 will be held at the 2nd floor of the conference venue. Each exhibitor is provided with:
- 1 exhibition booth (3m x 2m)
- Power sockets(220V)
- Internet access points on request
- Tables and chairs
Exhibitors requiring additional facilities are requested to contact us as soon as possible.
The exhibition fee is US$1,000, which also includes one free conference registration with one copy of proceedings only (without lunch and banquet tickets).
Please send back this form by email.
sskangkookmin.ac.kr or ishikawaslis.tsukuba.ac.jp
- The exhibition is to be held one full day on 12 October 2005 from 10:00 to 18:00.
- One-page extended abstract will be included in the Poster and Demo proceedings, which will be published separately from the main conference proceedings. The extended abstract should follow the standard IJCNLP format.
[LaTeX : http://www.afnlp.org/IJCNLP05/IJCNLP05_latex.zip]
[MicrosoftWord : http://www.afnlp.org/IJCNLP05/IJCNLP05_word.zip]
- Any additional requirements imposed by exhibitor not listed in this document must be negotiated and subject to the approval of the Organizer.
Exhibition committee co-chairs
- Prof. Seung-Shik Kang(Kookmin University, Korea) Email. sskangkookmin.ac.kr Tel. + 82-2-910-4800, Fax. +82-2-910-4868
- Prof. Tetsuya Ishikawa(University of Tsukuba, Japan) Email. ishikawaslis.tsukuba.ac.jp Fax. +81-29-859-1093
2. Registration Guidelines for IJCNLP-05
1) On-line Registration is highly recommended at the official website, http://afnlp.org/IJCNLP05/.
If on-line registration is not available, please contact the secretariat (IJCNLP2005sejongconvention.com).
2) After completing the registration form, you can only modify your personal information. If you want to change or cancel your registration, please contact the secretariat by email
(IJCNLP2005sejongconvention.com) or fax (+82-2-783-3475). You can check the status of your registration and change your personal information on the ''On-line registration'' when you login.
3) On-line registration will be closed on September 22, 2005 . You will be required to register on-site after September 22, 2005 . (Any registration via e-mail or fax will not be accepted)
4) Main conference Registration fees
All registration fees are quoted in US dollar (USD) & Korean Won. ($1=1,000 Korean Won as of May 2005)
Early (By August 20, 2005) = US$ 400 (Korean Won 400,000)
Late = US$ 500 (Korean Won 500,000)
On-site (After September 22, 2005) = US$ 550 (Korean Won 500,000)
The registration fee includes: Conference kit (including a copy of Proceedings), Admission to all sessions, Exhibition, Coffee breaks, 3-day lunch, Reception, and Banquet
Student: US$ 180 (Korean Won 180,000):
Early(By August 20, 2005) = US$ 180 (Korean Won 180,000)
Late = US$ 225 (Korean Won 225,000)
On-site (After September 22, 2005) = US$ 250 (Korean Won 250,000)
The registration fee includes: Conference kit (including a copy of Proceedings), Admission to all sessions, Exhibition, Coffee breaks and 3-day lunch
-Students are required to send a photocopy of a certificate or student ID card approved by your school to the Secretariat.
5) Registration Guidelines for Tutorials and Workshops
Registration for Tutorials & Workshops will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis because of the limited seating.
- You can register to the main conference only, that is, a registration to tutorials or workshops is not required to register to the main conference, IJCNLP-05.
Tutorial I = Early: US$ 100 (Korean Won 100,000), Late: US$ 125 (Korean Won
One-day workshop(Workshop 2,3,4 & 5) = Early: US$ 100 (Korean Won 100,000),
Late: US$ 120 (Korean Won 120,000)
Two-day workshop(Workshop 1) = Early: US$ 150 (Korean Won 150,000), Late:
US$ 200 (Korean Won 200,000)
6) Payment Information
- Registration will not be processed until full payment is received.
- Confirmation will be sent upon clearance of payment.
- Payment will be accepted by the following method;
6-1) Credit card
Credit card information should be given to the Secretariat of IJCNLP-05.
6-2) Bank Transfer
- Bank transfers should be made to the following account.
- A copy of the remittance receipt should be faxed to the secretariat.
- All bank charges for the remittance must be paid by the registrant.
- If sender's name is different from the participant's, please send the bank transfer slip to the secretariat.
6-3) Bank account information
Bank Name : Woori Bank
SWIFT Code: HVBKKRSE
Branch Name: POSTECH sub-branch
Account No: 1002-130-142512
Account Holder: Lee, JongHyeok
Address: san 31 Hyoja-dong Nam-gu, Pohang 790-784, R. of KOREA
7) Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Cancellation must be notified to the secretariat via e-mail
(IJCNLP2005sejongconvention.com) or fax (+82-2-783-3475) by September 22, 2005.
- All refunds will be made after the conference for administrative reasons.
- All bank service charges will be deducted from the refunded amount.
Please refer to the following dates for cancellation.
Until August 20, 2005: Full Refund
August 21 ~ September 22: 50% Refund
After September 22: No Refund
8) Registration Acknowledgement
- Registration acknowledgement will be sent to you via e-mail when your on-line registration has been submitted.
9) Registration Confirmation
- Registration confirmation will be sent to you via e-mail upon clearing up appropriate payment.
10) Go on-line Registration: http://www.afnlp.org/IJCNLP05/doc/reg_1.htm
3. VISA application
If you plan to attend the 2nd International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing (IJCNLP-05) to be held in Korea, you may need a visa to enter the Republic of Korea. Details about visa application can be found at http://www.mofat.go.kr/me/me_a006/me_b025/me06_01.jsp .
To have a visa issued, international attendees of IJCNLP-05 often need a letter of invitation from IJCNLP-05 Organizing committee. Secretariat of
IJCNLP-05 will be pleased to send an official letter of invitation upon attendee's request.
The request should be done by September 9, 2005 at latest. Secretariat of
IJCNLP-05 will e-mail or fax the letter of invitation to you in PDF format (If you need a hardcopy of the letter, we will send it via standard postal
To request a letter of invitation, please fill out and submit Invitation Letter Request Form http://www.afnlp.org/IJCNLP05/invitation_request_form .
You can download the request form here.
Secretariat of IJCNLP-05
Sejong Convention Services
#505, Tae-Yang Building
44-2, Youido-dong, Youngdeungpo-gu
Seoul 150-890, Rep. of Korea
Phone: +82-2-783-3473, 3474
4. Nagao Fund
Dr. Makoto NAGAO, president of the National Institute of Information
and Communications Technology (Japan), has received the Japan Prize this year. He has decided to donate the full award to the Association of Natural Language Processing (Japan), with the aim of promoting NLP research activities in the Asian region. To launch The Nagao Fund, The Association of Natural Language Processing (Japan) has decided to support the Asian Federation of Natural Language Processing, of which it is a founding member, by subsidizing researchers who may need to seek support to attend IJCNLP05. The details will be announced through IJCNLP05 soon.
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.