LINGUIST List 16.2121|
Sun Jul 10 2005
Jobs: Spanish: Translator, Valtera Corporation
Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards. Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries. To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html.
Spanish: Translator, Valtera Corporation, Rolling Meadows, USA
Message 1: Spanish: Translator, Valtera Corporation, Rolling Meadows, USA
From: Kim Magnan <hrvaltera.com>
Subject: Spanish: Translator, Valtera Corporation, Rolling Meadows, USA
This announcement was accompanied by a donation to the LINGUIST List!
University or Organization: Valtera Corporation
Job Rank: Translator
Specialty Areas: Translation
Required Language(s): Spanish (SPN)
Founded in 1977, Valtera is a professional services firm based in Chicago,
IL (Rolling Meadows) that provides a unique mixture of scientific
expertise, consulting, and technology to Fortune 500, global organizations.
The Translator will provide accurate translations in languages of
expertise. Additionally, the successful candidate will assist the Manager
of Translation Services in monitoring all phases of the translation process
for foreign language documents, including work with outside translation
firms and vendors.
Required Skills and Experience
- Fluent in Spanish (especially written proficiency)
- Four-year college graduate
- Preference will be given to candidates with proficiency in multiple
- Preference will be given to candidates with a degree and/or certification
- Good English grammar (for translating both formal documents as well as
text that is more conversational in nature into English)
- 3-5 years experience in a professional and/or educational work environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including MS Word, Excel, and Access
- Demonstrates an attention to detail and quality
- Demonstrates strong planning skills and ability to think ahead and
prepare on a projected timeframe
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot changes and modifications
- Ability to coordinate and negotiate with outside vendors to achieve
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and working with others in a
- Strong ability to multitask and organize independently
Please fax or e-mail your resume and cover letter (with salary history and
expectations) to 847-427-2309 or hrvaltera.com. Equal Opportunity Employer
M/F/D/V. Local candidates only please.
Address for Applications
1701 Golf Road, TW 2, 1100
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008
United States of America
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.