LINGUIST List 16.2139|
Tue Jul 12 2005
Jobs: Computational Ling: Rank Open, Dulles, USA
Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards. Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries. To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html.
Computational Linguistics: Rank Open, Dulles, USA
Message 1: Computational Linguistics: Rank Open, Dulles, USA
From: Mimi Jacobs <mimimimijacobs.com>
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Rank Open, Dulles, USA
University or Organization: Not Posted at this time
Department: Product Development
Job Rank: Rank Open
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Lexicography; Semantics
Required Language(s): English (ENG)
Be a part of a ground-breaking team improving the way the internet works
through the use of advanced linguistic technology. Explore new product
concepts related to ontologies, spell checking, grammar checking,
electronic thesaurus, word relationships, text processing, and natural
language search solutions.
The relevance & linguistics expert will work with a technical team to
design, improve and test advanced word relationships product. Lead efforts
systematically improve relevance of the results based on customer
requirements. Consulting position for short to medium term engagement.
- Contribute to development of project requirements for new initiatives
related to search functionality.
- Focus on improving the relevance and user experience of our product
- Understand and analyze results and related relevancy issues and
constantly think and develop better ways and features to improve relevance.
- Reviewing and analyzing search terms, behaviors and logs to enhance and
customize overall product usability.
- Evaluate and implement changes to taxonomy and logic based on consumer
- Develop linguistic standards and associated measurement techniques by
which progress can be monitored and improved.
- QA testing and review of customer products. Make recommendations for
- Responsible for creating, designing, and modifying Ontology and Ontology
structure for our various customers. This person will be responsible for
innovation and general as requirements change. They will serve as Lead on
various Ontology projects.
- Design and develop tools used for evaluating results relevance and for
creating relevance modeling data. Help produce metrics of success that are
fundamental to the improvements in product.
- Define data needed for system improvements such as taxonomies, keyword
grouping and categorization.
- Responsible for analyzing, assessing, cleansing, reformatting, ingesting,
updating and documenting diverse data sources. Additionally, the individual
will give feedback on design of systems and software to automate data
integrity processes, and integrate them with high-performance computing
- Assist in identifying and evaluating lexicons for new planned languages
- Experience with search engine tuning/customization, and/or developing
online synonym, phrase, or other linguistics libraries, highly desirable
- Demonstrated understanding of role of syntax in language.
- Mastery of the English language.
- Academic concentration or work experience in one or more of the
following: computational linguistics, human-computer interaction, soundex,
artificial intelligence, machine aided learning, natural language data
mining, natural language processing information retrieval preferred.
- Interest in and familiarity with basic concepts in Natural Language
Processing, such as parsing, grammars, information retrieval
- Must be a fast learner with keen interest in technical concepts.
- Bachelor's degree in Linguistics, Library Science, or related field is
- Minimum 5 years work experience
Address for Applications:
21345 Ridgetop Circle
Dulles, VA 20166
United States of America
Application Deadline: 25-Jul-2005
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.