LINGUIST List 16.3478|
Tue Dec 06 2005
Jobs: Voice User Interface Design: Designer, MD
Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards. Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries. To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html.
Voice User Interface Design: Voice User Interface Designer, LogicTree Corporation, MD, USA
Message 1: Voice User Interface Design: Voice User Interface Designer, LogicTree Corporation, MD, USA
From: SARAH WAYLAND <sarahlogictree.com>
Subject: Voice User Interface Design: Voice User Interface Designer, LogicTree Corporation, MD, USA
University or Organization: LogicTree Corporation
Department: VUI Design
Job Rank: Voice User Interface Designer
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology;
Psycholinguistics; Sociolinguistics; Voice User Interface Design
We are seeking a Voice User Interface (VUI) Designer with 3+ years of user
interface design experience to design speech-enabled applications for
telephony-based systems. The successful candidate will need to possess the
ability to work effectively with clients, subject matter experts, and engineers.
- Design voice dialogs for telephony applications, including creating call flow
diagrams, and detailed dialog design specifications.
- Work with clients to ensure that system meets their goals.
- Work with database engineers to ensure that system interfaces appropriately
with back-end data.
- Work with application engineers to deliver system as designed.
- Evaluate application usability.
- Recommend changes to improve caller satisfaction and transaction completion.
- 3+ years of experience designing voice user interfaces
- BA in psychology, computer science, or related fields (Preferred:
emphasis on human factors design.)
- Experience in usability testing and user research.
- Proven ability to identify and resolve complex problems.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, cross-functional technical operations
- Proven track record of successfully managing and delivering multiple technical
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Successful history of client contact including experience in setting and
managing client expectation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse staff/ project team, inspire
teamwork and take a leadership role.
- Strong negotiating, influencing, facilitation, prioritization, decision
making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Fluent in both Spanish and English.
Address for Applications:
8400 Baltimore Ave.
College Park, MD 20740
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.