LINGUIST List 16.3530|
Tue Dec 13 2005
Jobs: Pashto & Urdu: Contract Positions,Basis Technology
Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards. Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries. To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html.
1. leave blank
Pashto & Urdu: Contract Positions, Basis Technology Corporation, MA, USA
Message 1: Pashto & Urdu: Contract Positions, Basis Technology Corporation, MA, USA
From: leave blank leave blank <jobs-qabasistech.com>
Subject: Pashto & Urdu: Contract Positions, Basis Technology Corporation, MA, USA
University or Organization: Basis Technology Corp.
Job Rank: Contract Positions
Specialty Areas: Pashto and Urdu
Required Language(s): Urdu (urd); Pashto
Basis Technology has opening for native speakers of Pashto or Urdu. These are
part-time contract positions and are open now. We are located in Cambridge, MA
(near the Alewife T stop on the Red Line)
http://www.basistechnology.com/contact/cambridge/index.html. This job may
also be done remotely. Please send resumes and inquiries to:
jobs-qabasistech.com with 'Pashto QA" or "Urdu QA' in the subject line.
- Native proficiency in Pashto or Urdu with excellent grammar skills
- Very good familiarity with internet communication methods
- Ability to use a web-based data analysis tool
- Access to networked computer capable of displaying Pashto or Urdu text
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent English communication skills
- Candidates with US citizen or permanent resident status are preferred
- Identify dialect or colloquial Pashto or Urdu text in Pashto or Urdu or Latin
- Review transliterated/Latinized Pashto or Urdu text and provide the equivalent
terms in Pashto or Urdu
- Identify the dialect indicators (if any) in Pashto or Urdu text
Address for Applications
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.