LINGUIST List 17.1841|
Tue Jun 20 2006
FYI: Call for Participation in CEDEL2
Editor for this issue: Svetlana Aksenova
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Call for Participation in CEDEL2
Message 1: Call for Participation in CEDEL2
From: Cristobal Lozano <cristobal.lozanouam.es>
Subject: Call for Participation in CEDEL2
- CEDEL2 (Corpus Escrito del Español L2) is a research project at the
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain). It is funded by the Ministerio de
Educación y Ciencia (MEC), the Comunidad Autónoma de Madrid (CAM) and the
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM).
- We are investigating how English-speaking people learn Spanish.
- We are collecting a large database (corpus) of written compositions by
learners of Spanish.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Learners of Spanish who have English as their mother tongue: any level
(beginner, intermediate, advanced).
HOW CAN YOU PARTICIPATE?
- You are requested to fill in three online and anonymous forms at:
- First form: your learning background.
- Second form: a brief composition in Spanish. We are interested in REAL
and SPONTANEOUS language, so don't worry about making mistakes or being
assessed. Please DON'T use any dictionaries or grammar books. You can
choose between several compositions topics.
- Third form: questions about Spanish language. This is NOT an exam, but
simply a short test to check your level of Spanish.
WHAT CAN YOU GET FROM IT?
- We will email you the Spanish grammar test results, so you can know your
level of Spanish grammar.
- We will send you by post a certificate (stamped by the Universidad
Autónoma de Madrid) stating that you have participated in our project.
WHO HAS ALREADY PARTICIPATED?
So far, we have received data from different institutions all over the
- USA: University of Wisconsin at Madison, Boston University, Skidmore
Collegue, Rutgers University, George Washington University.
- UK: Open University, Cambridge University UK, Essex University,
University of Hertfordshire, St Paul's School London.
- SPAIN: Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, St Louis University at Madrid,
Fundacion Ortega y Gasset at Madrid and Toledo, Escuela Oficial de Idiomas,
British Council Spain, Universidad de Cantabria.
- This is NOT an exam.
- You will NOT be assessed.
- We are simply interested in your SPONTANEOUS written Spanish language.
- All information is ANONYMOUS and CONFIDENTIAL.
PARTICIPATE NOW in CEDEL2: http://www.uam.es/woslac/start.htm
If you (or your institution) are interested in collaborating in the
research project, please visit: http://www.uam.es/woslac/ [then click on
Cristóbal Lozano and Amaya Mendikoetxea
More info: http://www.uam.es/woslac
WOSLAC research group
Word Order in Second Language Acquisition Corpora
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.