LINGUIST List 17.295|
Sat Jan 28 2006
Jobs: Spanish/Comp Ling: Language Expert, Portugal
Editor for this issue: Vanessa Manion
The LINGUIST List strongly encourages employers to use non-discriminatory standards in hiring policy. In particular we urge that employers do not discriminate on the grounds of race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. However, we have no means of enforcing these standards. Job seekers should pay special attention to language in ads regarding employment requirements and are encouraged to consult our international employment page http://linguistlist.org/jobs/jobnet.html. This page has been set up so that people can report on the employment standards of various countries. To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html.
Spanish & Computational Linguistics: Language Expert: Priberam Informática, Portugal
Message 1: Spanish & Computational Linguistics: Language Expert: Priberam Informática, Portugal
From: Carlos Amaral <carlospriberam.pt>
Subject: Spanish & Computational Linguistics: Language Expert: Priberam Informática, Portugal
University or Organization: Priberam Informática
Job Rank: Spanish Language Expert
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Language Description; Lexicography;
Morphology; Semantics; Syntax
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
Priberam Informática is the leading company in Portuguese natural language
technology whose work has been internationally recognized in last year QACLEF
campaign. In the context of the application of the company's NLP technology to
other European languages, we are seeking a full-time Spanish language specialist.
- Identifying, analysing, testing and correcting Spanish lexicographic material.
- Writing syntactical and morphological rules for specific NLP purposes.
- Selecting instruments and sources for solving linguistic problems, namely
spelling, syntactical and morphological ones.
- Serving as a Spanish language expert resource in a Portuguese team of
engineers and linguists.
- Native (or near-native) fluency in Spanish.
- Strong knowledge of general and Spanish linguistics.
- Familiarity and/or experience in natural language processing.
- Oral and written English proficiency.
- Completion of undergraduate degree in linguistics, computational linguistics
or related field.
- Linguistic description and explanation ability.
- Pragmatic attitude towards error and problem solving.
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good learning ability.
This is a 1 year contract position. Applicants must be eligible to live and work
To apply, please submit your CV and a brief statement describing your experience
and abilities to the following email address: afonsopriberam.pt.
Address for Applications:
Mr. Afonso Mendes
Av. Defensores de Chaves, 32 - 3º Esq.
Application Deadline: 04-Mar-2006
Mr. Afonso Mendes
Phone: +351 21 781 7260
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.