LINGUIST List 17.3685|
Wed Dec 13 2006
FYI: New International Association for Metaphor Studies
Editor for this issue: Amy Renaud
To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
New International Association for Metaphor Studies
Message 1: New International Association for Metaphor Studies
From: Rosario Caballero <MRosario.Caballerouclm.es>
Subject: New International Association for Metaphor Studies
Researching and Applying Metaphor - RaAM
After ten years and six conferences, RaAM is now being formalised into an
association so that it can work more effectively to serve metaphor scholars
around the world. The aims of the new association are:
1. To advance the study of metaphor, metonymy and other aspects of
figurative language, with a commitment to the application of metaphor
research to 'real world' issues.
2. To encourage the development of rigorous research methods for the study
of metaphor, metonymy and other aspects of figurative language in real
3. To foster interdisciplinary collaboration in this area of study.
Future activities planned:
- Biennial RaAM conference - next conference in 2008.
- RaAM seminars and workshops - Spain, March 2007
- RaAM research training activities
- RaAM prize(s) e.g. for best doctoral dissertation / research paper.
- RaAM website and discussion board / list
- RaAM publications: conference proceedings; collections from seminars
If you work with metaphor, or related areas, and are concerned with
research and application to real world issues, we invite you to join us!
Go to www.raam.org.uk for further information on the association and how
to register as a member.
No subscriptions until 2007!
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.