LINGUIST List 18.1290|
Mon Apr 30 2007
Calls: Discourse Analysis/Socioling/Text&Corpus Ling/Samara Al... (Jrnl)
Editor for this issue: Hannah Morales
As a matter of policy, LINGUIST discourages the use of abbreviations
or acronyms in conference announcements unless they are explained in
the text. To post to LINGUIST, use our convenient web form at
Samara AltLinguo E-Journal
Message 1: Samara AltLinguo E-Journal
From: Andrey Kirillov <samaraaltlinguoyandex.ru>
Subject: Samara AltLinguo E-Journal
Full Title: Samara AltLinguo E-Journal
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics;None
Subject Language(s): English
Call Deadline: 15-Oct-2007
Samara AltLinguo announces calls for papers for the second issue of its
e-journal (to be published in October 2007). Invited topics include (but
are not limited to):
- political discourse and political linguistics;
- mass media discourse;
- political language and communication;
- language and the mass media;
- relations between politics and the mass media as reflected in/through
- narratology (in relation to the mass media preferably, as opposed to
narratives in fiction and film).
We also accept brief notes and reactions to papers published in the
previous issue of SAL e-journal.
Guidelines for submissions:
1. Articles should be written in English (preferred language), or in Russian.
2. The length of an article is normally limited to 30 pages (A4 or Legal)
including a 200-word abstract and keywords given at the beginning.
3. Texts should be prepared in .pdf (preferred) or .doc format. All margins
2cm. Use Times New Roman font, size 12 throughout; the title in capital
letters boldface. Put your name in boldface under the title. Do not use
your word processor's hyphenation feature. Leave one space between lines.
Number pages (bottom centre).
4. All references are given in square brackets [name, year of cited source:
page] (name and year in italics) after the citation. The full list of
references is given in alphabetical order after the main text of the
article (under the 'References' heading in boldface).
5. Only original manuscripts will be considered. We will not consider
manuscripts submitted simultaneously elsewhere, or already published.
1. Please submit your manuscripts electronically as attachments to Andrey
2. Please submit (as a separate .doc, .pdf, or .txt attachment) personal
details, including author(s)' name(s); author(s)' affiliation(s);
author(s)' position(s); author(s)' e-mail address(es) for correspondence.
In case you don't get a confirmation of receipt of your manuscript within 3
days of submission, please re-submit it to samaraaltlinguoyandex.ru and
Call deadline: 15 October 2007
Respond to list|Read more issues|LINGUIST home page|Top of issue
Please report any bad links or misclassified data
LINGUIST Homepage | Read
LINGUIST | Contact us
While the LINGUIST List makes every effort to ensure the linguistic relevance of sites listed
on its pages, it cannot vouch for their contents.